Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Monday, March 10, 2014
This weekend Chubby and I got to meet Ed!, Ghibli and Megan of twosillycorgis! I love reading about their adventures on tumblr and was super excited to see what they’d be like in real life.
Ed! - she is just like Megan describes, very sweet and LOVES men. Watching her “flooze” is the funniest thing ever. She also makes a lot of grunting/growling noises when you pet her which is awesome bc dog noises!!
Ghibli - so fluffeh and beautiful and angry. She doesn’t really like other dogs so she avoided Chubby (esp when she got tired)
Some of my favorite moments:
- When Chubby started frapping and initiated a frantic game of chase with the girls (Ed and Jiggles both love tennis balls while Chubby loves being chased, so there wasn’t much playing going on between them)
- Chubby whacking Ed with one of his paws in an attempt to engage her in play
- Ed following me outside when we were at my house and then very casually walking down the path toward the street and turned the corner. I started running after her calling, “Ed! Ed! Come back!” and she just kept going, turning back occasionally to grin at me. I caught her and brought her back to a laughing Megan who said she was watching from the window and that Ed was just messing with me
- My bf and I were walking toward the house when he suddenly stops and says (slowly), “Oh no. It’s the evil one.” I look up and Jiggles is standing in the middle of the path staring at us…
- Three corgis sitting in the backseat together, but Ed must be in the middle so Jiggles doesn’t have to sit next to Chubby
Thanks to Megan for tirelessly taking a bunch of pictures and for such a great day!
Sunday, March 9, 2014
The difference between
looking though chobley’s blog and found this gem. buried chubby is the greatest chubby!!
Saturday, March 8, 2014
blooming-most-recklessly asked: Oh my god I can't handle all teh Chubby cuteness it's killing me!! I WANT TO PET HIM SO BADLY.
Chubby loves the pets! Come pet him anytime
Anonymous asked: Chubby is probably the least chubby corgi I've ever seen aside from working dogs. Congratulations on being so svelte, Chubby.
Haha chubby sez thank you
Friday, March 7, 2014
Sweet hellos from a friendly couple
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Glass Beach at Fort Bragg
Anonymous asked: Chubby where do you reside? Any chance you'll be seen at SoCal Corgi beach day?
I live in the SF Bay Area. I would love to go to SoCal Corgi Beach Day, but my hooman is one of those Asian people that avoids the sun like the plague. I’m afraid she’ll go dressed like this and scare the crap out of all the corgis there:
(In all seriousness, we’d love to go to beach day if we could coordinate a good time to do so.)
bebopthecorgi asked: Hi! I have been looking for a raincoat like that (with no luck)! What brand is it and what size did you get? Thanks!
The vest is from RC Pets and is called Skyline Puffy Vest. I got it in a size 16 but Chubby is pretty small (22” girth) so you’d probably have to size up. The vest is best for light rain. I did a little digging and RC Pets has another vest in the same style called West Coast Rainwear that is more of a true raincoat (it has pretty good reviews on Amazon too). I hope you find one that fits!! Their coats are great—very well-made with attention to detail.
Monday, March 3, 2014
It rained the entire first day we were in Mendocino, but we decided to go to the beach and play anyway. Surprisingly, the rain and wind made the outing better because we had the entire beach to ourselves and ran around getting soaked like kids. The beach has a sort of desolate beauty when cloaked in fog and drizzle.
Chubby is wearing a vest that I found at a pet store we stopped at bc I forgot his travel bag (food, treats, basically everything) at home. Was very excited about it because I’ve been trying to find him a good raincoat that covers his undercarriage/chest. Became even MORE excited once I discovered it was reversible!! (More pics later)
Needless to say Chubby had a lot of fun digging holes, chasing seagulls and fording/swimming in the river. Snapped some pictures of him looking wet and uncharacteristically sulky near the end.
Anonymous asked: Why is Chubby named Chubby, I mean he seems pretty fit to me.
Chubby was the name that he came with. I was going to name him Winston but it seemed like too serious a name for such a cute little puppy. I told my housemate at the time that I’d just start calling him Winston when he got older to which he said, “I don’t think that’s how it works.” He suggested that I name him Simba, which in retrospect would have been all kinds of awesome bc I’d probably have to do that hold up to the sky thing in The Lion King every time there was a sunrise or sunset bc he’s Simba!! And I’d make him a mane and put it on him when we’d go out on walks bc he’s Simba!! And recreate scenes from TLK. Can you tell I’ve thought about this in depth? Haha